Coconut is a natural fruit with many benefits for the health.
Coconuts are highly nutritious, rich in fibre, and packed with essential vitamins and minerals. They have become a very hot and versatile food commodity and are being used in everything from our daily cuisine to our beauty regimens.
From culinary creations to magic beauty portions, they pack a good punch. They are one of the wonder foods on earth and amply provides for all human needs and have multiple health benefits. These benefits include lowering cholesterol, healing, stabilizing blood sugar, hydration, and replacing blood plasma in an emergency. Considered to be one of the most treasured foods, coconuts products – including coconut flesh, coconut oil, coconut water, coconut cream, and coconut milk, each delivers superb health benefits.
Coconut oil is most popular for its hydrating properties. It is suitable for all skin types and good for dry skin, dry patches and wounds, say experts.
Beauty benefits of Coconut oil
- Coconut oil can be used as a makeup remover as it is mild and gently removes all kind of makeup including waterproof makeup as well.
- It can be used on the body as well for massage and relaxation. As a massage oil, its most important property is hydration and glow.
- Most of the moisturisers available in the market are water or petroleum based, coconut oil, on the other hand, is completely natural and a much better moisturiser for the skin. Coconut oil fights redness and irritation so it reduces acne while leaving your skin condition from within.
- Using coconut oil regularly underneath and around your eye area can prevent wrinkles and reduce puffiness and under-eye circles.
- Mix honey and coconut oil in equal parts and apply it as a face mask. The mask will help to clear acne and keep skin soft and glowing.
- You can mix coarse sugar with coconut oil and use it to exfoliate skin, the grainy sugar will slough off dead skin and the oil will leave the skin moisturised.
- Instead of bubble baths and bath salts, try using coconut oil. The hot water melts the oil, and you can literally soak into its moisturising benefits.
- Rub coconut oil on minor cuts, scrapes, and bruises. The oil calms the area and creates a barrier against dirt and bacteria.
Benefits of Coconuts
- Healthy heart: coconut helps to provide healthy short chain and medium chain fatty acids (MCFA) that are essential to good health. Close to 98% of all fatty acids consumed are long chain fatty acids (LCFA) which have a negative effect on cholesterol ratios. MCFA have no negative effect on cholesterol ratios and help lower the risk of atherosclerosis and protect against heart disease. Unlike other fats, the unique properties of coconut also contain a large amount of lauric acid, which is the predominant fatty acid found in mother’s milk.
- High in dietary fibre: coconut supply an impressive 61% dietary fibre. There are two types of fibre: soluble fibre which consists of starch and sugar and promotes calories, insoluble fibre which contains no calories. Since the body cannot digest the dietary fibre in coconut, no calories are derived from it and it has no effect on blood sugar.
- Quick energy boost: coconut is utilized by the body to produce energy rather than store it as body fat. It promotes healthy thyroid function and helps to relieve symptoms of chronic fatigue. It also supports improved endurance during the physical and athletic performance.
This article is free to read, but it would awesome if we had your support.