Terms & Conditions
If you wish to use this website you acknowledge that you have read the Terms & Conditions and abide by them. This document may change from time to time. All content on this website is protected by intellectual property rights. You can make copies (ie. print / email) them but it may not be used on any other website unless you get written permission.
You use this website at your own risk, endeavours to make sure that the content in the Site is correct, but it is provided "as is" and "as available", without warranties of any kind (either express or implied). You agree that Indian Weekender will not be liable for your reliance on any information on the Site (even if negligently provided). You also agree that Indian Weekender will not be liable for any damages (direct, incidental, special, consequential, indirect or punitive) resulting from the use of (or inability to use) the Site. You agree that if we are held responsible for any damage or loss, Indian Weekender's total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort - including but not limited to negligence - or otherwise) will not exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing the Site. We do not control content provided by external websites and are not responsible for the content they provide, usage of third-party services either through Google Gadgets or any other service on the website is entirely at a users risk. We accept no liablity whatsoever for it's content.
If you are a business using the Site, then you agree that the provisions of the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 does not apply to your use of the Site or your reliance on the Site. If you breach the Terms in any way you agree to keep Indian Weekender fully indemnified against all the consequences of your breach.
While we endeavour to keep information and materials on the Site secure and confidential, we are not responsible for any breach of security which is out of our control. We do not warrant that the Site is completely secure. We respect your privacy and comply with the Privacy Act 1993. We will ensure that all personal information, if any, stays within the Indian Weekender group. We may use such information in relation to providing publications, services and information to you. You are entitled to access the personal information we hold about you, and amend it if it is incorrect.
Story contributions to Indian Weekender
Any content you submit must at the time of submission be yours to do with as you wish. By contributing the said content you are declaring:
- you have the right to make the work available to Indian Weekender;
- you grant Indian Weekender a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution;
- the supplied content is not defamatory in any way, shape or form; and
- your contribution does not infringe any law.
Further to the above, by submitting the content you:
- indemnify Indian Weekender against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Indian Weekender as a result of your breach of the above declaration; and
- waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site and the purposes specified above.
User contributions - Comments and Dicussion boards
Indian Weekender encourages users dialogue through our comments and discussion board. However remember that user comments are NOT endorsed by Indian Weekender. To ensure some accountability Indian Weekender stores the user IP of every user making a comment, if you don't want your IP recorded, please do not place a comment.
We aim to avoid users misusing the board by harassing other members or posting offensive comments. The comments / discussion boards are public forums and as such are moderated by members of the community. If you find any offensive comment please report it by clicking on the Report abuse button that accompanies every comment. As soon as we are alerted to the comment we shall delete the comments from the website. Indian Weekender will NOT be held responsible for any comment / remark placed on it's website by it's external users.
Anyone who wants to post comments by way of Public Forum on or is to contribute in any way to the Site is to abide by the following rules.
If the Site has specific rules or terms to the contributing area those specific rules or terms will apply if there is any inconsistency with the below.
About your submission/s:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we do not allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please do not re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising.
- Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed unless allowed in the Site’s relevant local rules.
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
- You may not refer to specific URLs (web site addresses) unless allowed under the Site’s relevant local rules.
- Deliberate misuse of the facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this action may be taken.
Indian Weekender reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason. If you see a comment/posting that you believe to be inappropriate please let us know.