Fijians stranded in the United States wishing to return to Fiji have been advised that a repatriation flight will be available.
The Embassy of Fiji-Washington D.C has clarified that the flight is not from Los Angeles.
“It’s an Air NZ flight from Auckland to Nadi and Fijian nationals stranded in the U.S can take a flight to Auckland to catch a flight on June 12 to Fiji,” an Embassy statement said.
The Embassy of Fiji-Washington D.C had put out a post earlier to assist those who can take a flight from the US to Auckland in time for the June 12 flight.
The notice also states that Fijians are to take note of restriction measures.
- Passengers must remain airside (they do not enter New Zealand) and transit time should not exceed 24 hours ;
- Must not have any COVID-19 symptoms, especially fever (temperature check may be undertaken);
- Have no close contact with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case;
- Not awaiting a COVID-19 test result; and
- Must have confirmed and ticketed flights for the full journey.
This article is free to read, but it would awesome if we had your support.