National Party List MP for Manukau East Kanwaljit Singh Bakshi is looking for a Youth MP to represent him in 2019.
This was revealed in a press release from Mr Bakshi's office earlier today seeking interest from a deserving candidate from the community.
"Would you like to be my list Youth MP for 2019? I am looking for an exceptional young person to be the National List Youth MP," the press release said.
Youth Parliament will be held on July 16 - 17, 2019 in Wellington and the Ministry of Youth Development will cover the costs including travel, accommodation and meals in Wellington.
This triennial event gives young people the opportunity to understand and be a part of the Parliamentary process.
Mr Bakshi said that he is looking for an exceptional young person to be the National List Youth MP.
If you are:
- aged 16 – 18 years old (inclusive) on 19 October 2018
- active in the community
- able to attend Youth Parliament on 16 and 17 July 2019 and commit to the Youth MP tenure, from 1 March to 31 August 2019
- are passionate about youth issues, politics and/or social change
- representative of the diversity of New Zealand’s youth population
- and are able to seek the views, opinions and ideas of their peers and represent them at Youth Parliament 2019.
Mr Bakshi is encouraging all interested applicants to contact his office a letter or email setting out why you would be a great National List Youth MP and your thoughts on the most important thing that parliament should do to help young people
Applications must be received in Mr Bakshi's office at 1/131 Kolmar Road, Papatoetoe, Auckland or via email at Bakshi.firstname.lastname@example.org.
If any questions please contact his office at 09 278 9302
This article is free to read, but it would awesome if we had your support.