Fiji recorded 22 new cases and zero COVID death for the 24-hour period that ended at 8 am yesterday.
Permanent Secretary for Health Doctor James Fong says 54.1 percent of the target population are considered fully vaccinated nationwide.
Dr. Fong adds that our test positivity rate sits at four percent which is below the World Health Organization’s five percent threshold.
38 COVID cases are currently hospitalized.
Of these, two are considered severe cases while another is in critical condition.
- New positive cases as of 8 am October 18, 2021: 22
- Cases recorded during April 2021 Outbreak: 51,777
- Cases recorded since 2020: 51,846
- Active cases: 2,288
- Recoveries as of 8 am October 18, 2021: 27
- Recoveries since 2020: 48,347
- No COVID-19 deaths were reported today.
- COVID-19 deaths recorded during April 2021 outbreak: 661
- COVID-19 deaths recorded since 2020: 663
This article is free to read, but it would awesome if we had your support.