1. The power and torque of Isuzu’s powerful, economical DOHC 16 valve 3-litre diesel engine, producing 250Nm at 1000 rpm.
2. Stainless steel timing chain and gears - no poly belt replacement at 60-100,000km.
3. Heavy-duty extra-wide chassis with eight cross members and eight body-mount points. Tapered wheel bearings and diff snorkels standard.
4. Safety: dual airbags, ABS with EBD twin piston front brake calipers and pre tensioning front seatbelts.
5. Attention to detail and build quality –just compare it.
6. Truck toughness – from Isuzu, the world’s biggest truck manufacturer.
7. And the world’s biggest builder of diesel engines.
8. Isuzu is Japan’s oldest vehicle manufacturer.
9. With true New Zealand delivery: the entire import, distribution and dealership network is proudly Kiwi owned and operated.
10. Davey Hughes chose D-Max. “This ute is one tough mutha,” says the Kiwi icon swashbuckling adventurer, owner of the Swazi brand of outdoor clothing.