The Toyota NZ Service Dealers of the Year Award is given to the Toyota dealer who TNZ considers provides the most consistent and highest level of service to Toyota owners in NZ.
Manukau Toyota has won the award for the past five years in a row, a world record.
Michael Gapes, chief executive of Manukau Toyota, puts this down to the company having five components to their success.
1. Having four locations in Auckland, customers do not have far to travel to have their vehicles looked after.
2. A stable and committed team. Manukau Toyota employs over 90 people, many have over 10 years with the company and some even over 20 years. This builds long and trusting relationships with our Toyota customers as many now know our long serving staff on a personal level.
3. Training, our companies training programme includes a high level of technical training. Technology in vehicles is changing fast so we need to keep up and we do. We are fortunate to currently have five Toyota master technicians and a large number getting very close to that “top of the ladder” status. This level of technical ability means we can diagnose and fix things right the first time.
4. Our motto is “All together better” – we strive to meet this standard every day in all our operation and interactions with our customers. Customer satisfaction is uppermost in all our dealings.
5. Toyota itself. What can we say about the product that has not been said already? We have been in business 21 years and in that time sold over 20,000 vehicles. The Toyota brand and the legendary quality of their cars enable us to consistently sell a high number of vehicles and in turn we are presented with an opportunity to become the service provider to the owners of those vehicles. We don’t take this opportunity lightly as we know Toyota owners have high expectations and we need to be on top of our game every day of the year.