Vipassana Centre is organising an introductory meditation course for children between the ages of 8 and 12 years, on Saturday, February 18, 2012, from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm, at a location in Onehunga, Auckland.
Children learn Anapana, which is a technique of the observation of natural, normal respiration as it comes in and goes out.
The Anapana technique:
• Is simple yet scientific
• Is morality-based but non-religious
• Uses a natural object to focus
• Is non-commercial
The aim is to let children experience the benefits of meditation.
Regular practice of Anapana technique gives many benefits, including:
• Improved concentration and memory
• More self-confidence
• Greater capacity to study
• Ability to deal with agitation, fears, anxieties and pressures
• Increased goodwill for others
Meditation sessions are combined with discussion, creative activities, and games in smaller groups.
Courses are run solely on the basis of voluntarily offered donations.
Please visit website www.children.dhamma.org, for more information.
To enroll for a course please
• go to website www.medini.dhamma.org and click on “Apply for a course” tab on left menu and scroll down to “Teenagers' & children's courses” section and click on “Apply” or
• contact on the phone number 630 7009 or email email@example.com